While touting acceptance and openness of nudism this naturist organization denies applications from men. Inconsistent.
The Naturist Foundation discourages applications from single men, and most of the clubs, too, are reluctant to allow them membership. Some hard-line clubs have even been known to force resignations from men whose wives have recently died. Everyone is anxious to dissociate themselves from what they call ‘the dirty raincoat brigade’. Sue Piper, chosen Naturist of the Year 1991, is its most articulate and convincing spokesman. She is PR for CCBN, and also runs a club, the Shabden Leisure Circle. Shabden is one of the few clubs which admits single men – after vetting – including one chap who became interested when he was 84. Sue doesn’t believe that anyone who is genuinely interested should be excluded, of whatever age or gender. Anyone who behaves improperly is asked to leave. Snoopers are soon ejected. A blacklist of known nuisances is circulated privately among the clubs. Back at Orpington, Christine had mentioned that she had good links with the local police force. When she pointed out a naked copper, I realised just how good.
- Judy Williams naturist activist (clothesfreelife.com)
- nudist dating / Being a nudist doesn’t mean I’m a criminal, says professor (clothesfreelife.com)
- Pinterest gives users tools to block and report nudity (clothesfreelife.com)
- Poll reversal (clothesfreelife.com)
- Naturist Camping & Nudist Campgrounds – Ever Been? (clothesfreelife.com)
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.