The practice of nude yoga seems to be growing. Many people report being comfortable doing yoga nude at home. Others are joining together to practice in a group. Here a re a couple of recent reporting on nude yoga classes in Cleveland and New York City
The class is called Buck-naked Yoga and it’s no place for being shy.
“I was approached about five years ago by a group that asked if I was willing to do a yoga workshop in the nude. It’s been my most popular class since,” said Harris.
Harris owns the studio.
For him, it’s a liberating experience.
Nude Yoga & Drum Circles by Zensuality NYC
The studio was softly lit by candlelight, lending a peaceful atmosphere. It’s a small and intimate space in a rectangular shape, with a mirror expanding the length of one wall. We shed our shoes and clothing and placed our mats in a line facing the mirror, while Zen positioned herself directly in front of it. Class is accompanied by live music, and the musicians, also both nude, positioned themselves on one side. They played didjeridoo and African drums, a doundoun and Kekeni with a Balafon, throughout the practice. Though it’s bound to be different each time, the participants were an even mix of men and women.
Have you ever done yoga nude in a class or at home? Leave a comment share your experience
- Nude yoga for more than celebs (clothesfreelife.com)
- VIDEO: Naked Yoga Classes Come To Cleveland (q104.cbslocal.com)
- Birthday Suit Welcome at ‘Buck-naked Yoga’ Class (fox8.com)
- Birthday Suits Welcome At “Buck-Naked Yoga” Class (fox2now.com)
- Transformed by nude yoga (clothesfreelife.com)
- Benefits of nude yoga (clothesfreelife.com)
- Naked Yoga Opens the Sacral Chakra for Better Sexual Health (prweb.com)
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.