It’s difficult to tell whether naturism and the art of public nudity are declining or thriving.
Perhaps it depends where in the world you are.
But across the Atlantic the BBC ran a story claiming naturism numbers were up in the heatwave. However, Raising a toast to naturism at the Clover Spa & Hotel revealed that “Britain’s first naturist spa hotel”, set up in 2011 when the proprietor identified “a growing tolerance to nudism”, has been granted a liquor licence. Presumably now the “portly middle-aged men, arms dangling at their sides like waxed Neanderthals” can enjoy a tipple while naked.
- France’s nudist federation launches drive to ‘spruce up’ image of naturism (telegraph.co.uk)
- Nudism/Naturism and the Jennifer Aniston story (blogs.montrealgazette.com)
- Up on Nudist Peak (homeclothesfree.com)
- A Non-Nudist in Nudist Home (christopherjudson.wordpress.com)
- How Pregnancy is Making Me a Better Nudist (homeclothesfree.com)
- Naked truth: Aging nudists seek new skin in the game as ranks dwindle (nbcnews.com)