Health benefits of being clothes free in the sun

Nude sunbathing

Hygienists in the early part of the 20th century tried to revive aerination to treat problems from acne to whooping cough. TB patients in sanitariums sometimes sunbathed in the nude. However, with the widespread use of antibiotics after World War II, all the known benefits of nude sunbathing became redundant.

Dr. Bernarr McFadden, the most outspoken advocate of nude sunbathing, claims that safe sunbathing without sunscreen does not cause skin cancer or wrinkles, but actually helps heal these conditions. He writes that “… all we need do is pay attention to our bodies. … If the sunshine is going to be harmful to us, our bodies will feel uncomfortable in the sunshine. This will force us to withdraw.”

read more from Natural Healing News

About the author:

1. marc 4 years ago

I have some skin issues around genitals and armpits only when I am clothed. As soon as I get naked, skin conditions disappear. It feels my skin needs to breathe. To me, nakedness has become over the years my first choice whenever I can. If you come home, there are good chances you’ll find me naked or with light clothing. As soon as the sun shines I am out. It has come up to a point, I cannot handle bathing suits anymore and need to go to naked beach only. I truly believe we are made to be naked, and our bodies suffer being clothed.

homeclothesfree 4 years ago

I know what you mean about swim suits one you have been swimming without clothes it is hard to understand why you ever wore those things outside of social norms

2. Pipermac avatar
    pipermac5 4 years ago

Winter is a hard time for me, because I can’t get outside as often to get even partial-body sun, and going to a nudist resort where I can bare it all becomes difficult due to the temperature. I certainly feel a LOT better when I can get outside regularly for some sun, and my mini-nakations are “mental-health” days, besides the obvious physical benefits.

homeclothesfree 4 years ago

I can relate to the mini nakation mental health days I find it makes a real difference. Did not have many this winter.

• Pipermac avatar
        pipermac5 4 years ago

We had a particularly cold and long winter this year, which meant more propane to heat my trailer, and more electricity to run the furnaces. Money spent on propane and electricity takes away from my mini-nakation funds also. I am NOT very cold-tolerant.

3. Douglas G.P.McCarty 4 years ago

I used to break out with a rash every spring and early summer.Around the time I was 18 my Dr. suggested i spend some time outside nude.Never had a breakout since.Now go nude from April until it gets cold in the fall.

homeclothesfree 4 years ago

Thanks for the comment and sharing your experience with the healing power of sun and skin I think too often people only hear the harmful side of it