Naked Fitness: Would you strip down to your birthday suit?

After reading about a CrossFit gym in Denmark that’s now offering a nude CrossFit workout session, I couldn’t help but think of all the things that could go wrong – a poorly thrown medicine ball, a barbell yanked up at the wrong angle… and all those jump rope double-unders – yikes!

And truthfully, I don’t think naked CrossFit will catch on. CrossFit athletes add tape and guards to their hands, shins and forearms to help prevent injuries, so I think it’s impractical to strip down further. That said, naked workouts have been around for years, and they’re growing in popularity.

About the author:

finnwest2015 3 years ago

Excellent post!
    Nudist gyms are set for a big return!
    Finn

Bare Beach Bum 4 years ago

The low impact exercises would be fine but there is the flapping around for men and women with the jumping and bouncing. I’ve lifted and used the treadmill naked without any issues so I’d at least give it a try.

Penis Hazelton 4 years ago

Reblogged this on Penis's Nudist Life.

naturistsholiday 4 years ago

Reblogged this on Naturist Holidays in Europe.

jeffhaynes 4 years ago

I have to agree with the comment above. Some activities, and exercises, lend themselves better to going sans clothes than others. But regardless of the workout, for the cool down afterwards, I have to say going naked seems like the very best way for the body temperature to regulate and readjust itself.

hontouniheart 4 years ago

This is a very interesting piece. As someone with a not-so-small upper body, I would probably prefer support for certain types of fitness exercises, particularly ones involving a lot of jumping / bouncing. I’ve tried it without and it isn’t as comfortable as I might like (though it could also just be that it was a new feeling). On the other hand, naked yoga is actually a bit easier for me without the support. In poses like Halasana or Sarvangasana, when I have support (bra), I tend to get stifled, but without support, things move out of the way on their own and I can breathe with much more ease.

In terms of cleanliness, though, I have to say that I’ve seen a lot of very unhealthy behavior at gyms with everyone clothed. I’ve seen people sweat profusely all over machines and never wipe them up. They might sneeze on equipment or not wash their hands after using the restroom before returning to the workout. I know there are some differences , but clothing doesn’t guarantee cleanliness.