Why I sleep naked

unnamed This has been a weird subject for me. I mean isn’t everyone more comfortable going to bed not being strangled by their rumpled clothes as they turn at night? Apart from the warmth thing, that I gather from a partner or warm sheets why not strip down and be free.

I once dated a guy (Richard) who couldn’t grasp the idea of no clothes in the bed. He either wore boxers or long pants, but explained it as being a comfort thing for his “package”. When I finally broke down some of his barriers, challenging him to try for a week to be naked the real reasons flooded through. His insecurity of not being erect, or excited presented a fear that if he were naked he had to look a certain way. I was shocked really at first, but learned that male insecurities run as deep as they do for women.

Society teaches men that six packs are what every woman desires and not in the healthy way but in the objectified way. This thinking is just as damaging for young boys as it is in adult males today. Can we teach men to self love and focus on healthy bodies through naturism, yes. Healthy habits such as sleeping naked can help promote body acceptance at any stage in a mans life. Benefits of sleeping naked include; better quality of sleep, regulating your body temperature, healthy body composition, and not to mention increased sex life. #SleepNakedChallenge

*/Hart Submit your questions about naturism and relationships you’d like to have Serenity  answer.

About the author: serenityhartsyou

1. PETER 3 years ago

I’ve slept naked before but only in the summer when the weathers too hot to sleep in pajamas.

2. Shirtfree 4 years ago

That sleep test was probably the worst night I have had in a very long time. And the results shows it. They weren’t worth anything. Never again, with or without clothes.

3. Jim Murray 4 years ago

I also cannot remember the last time I wore anything to sleep in. Also when you are naked when you wake up, why bother getting dressed unless you absolutely must, as in you have to out in the public.

4. naturistsholiday 4 years ago

Reblogged this on Naturist Holidays in Europe.

5. Penis Hazelton 4 years ago

Reblogged this on Penis's Nudist Life.

6. Pipermac avatar
    pipermac5 4 years ago

I have slept nude for many years, and can’t imagine sleeping any other way. I had an appointment with a sleep-disorders specialist a few days ago, and he ordered a sleep-study. When I went to the desk to schedule it, they gave me a Sleep Study Prep Checklist, which includes bringing night-clothes with me. I told the clerk that I sleep naked, and another loud-mouthed clerk informed me that I ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO SLEEP NAKED. There was some kind of babble about female nurses and technicians. Imagine anyone objecting to someone being naked – in a medical facility. That doesn’t compute with me, considering the number of times I have been seen naked or nearly-naked in that facility. I will have to take that up with whoever is doing my test, because I am not really sure that it would even be a valid test if I am required to sleep with textiles on.

• serenityhartsyou avatar Author
      serenityhartsyou 4 years ago

I feel for you Piper. It always about the “protocols” in those institutions.

I’m also going to touch on the double standard of nudity that affects men more than women in public (outside the home) settings.

• Shirtfree 4 years ago

I went through the same drill, but conceded a point and wore underwear. The technician was male, so there should have been no issue. I think the appropriate response to the loud-mouthed moron would be to have walked out and gone elsewhere. Who needs that kind of crap in their lives? That test was one of the worst nights of my life in recent memory.

• Pipermac avatar
        pipermac5 4 years ago

Going somewhere else is not a realistic option, because I get the majority of my health-care from the VA, and this is no exception. There are no sleep-disorder specialists in my area for my non-VA health-insurance.

I will take something “appropriate” to sleep in if the test technician objects to me sleeping naked. Hopefully the worse I sleep the more information they get. What is going to drive them bananas is my Tourette’s, which causes major facial ticking. It may take the doctor a week to sort out all the various movements.

The whole exchange with the clerks was actually rather comical, The clerk who did my scheduling, when I told her that I sleep naked, asked me “Are you serious?”. My standard answer is “Serious as a heart-attack!” That was when the loud-mouth butted in with her tirade. What it demonstrated to me is how hyper-textile their attitudes are. They probably AREN’T naked unless they are in the bathroom or having sex, so for them, nudity DOES equate to sex. They would NEVER consider sleep naked, unless they fell asleep immediately after having sex. I have a neighbor-lady who is that way, and even when she was having some UTI problems, she STILL wouldn’t even consider sleeping bottomless. She was raised to wear pajamas when she goes to bed, and if she dies in her sleep, she will be wearing pajamas.

• Jim Murray 4 years ago

In my sleep test after they got me all wired up, I believe it was 18 leads, the tech said have a good nights sleep. Yeah right.