Thanks to our guest chef the Naked Vegan Runner for our clothes free kitchen recipe of the week
Red pepper and butternut squash soup
- 1 Maggi vegetable stock pot (or 30ml carrot juice)
- 2 red peppers (peeled , seeded and cubed)
- 2 small sweet potatoes ( peeled & cubed)
- 1 medium butternut squash – peeled, seeded and cubed
- 75g fresh kale chopped ( or 3 cubes frozen spinach
- 500ml water
- handful of bay leaf parsley chopped
- handful of fresh basil chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Lets cook: –
- Add all the ingredients to a large pot; bring to the boil, then simmer for 30 minutes.
- Transfer the soup to a blender, and blend until smooth (alternatively, use a hand-held stick blender).
- Return to pot, and mix in any remaining stock to attain desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with sprinkling of sunflower and pumpkin seeds with some ground goji berries
For add protein, add cup of red lentils or pea protein powder with extra 200ml of water