Thanks to our guest chef the Naked Vegan Runner for our clothes free kitchen recipe of the week
Red pepper and butternut squash soup
(Rich in Vitamin C)
- 1 Maggi vegetable stock pot (or 30ml carrot juice)
- 2 red peppers (peeled , seeded and cubed)
- 2 small sweet potatoes ( peeled & cubed)
- 1 medium butternut squash – peeled, seeded and cubed
- 75g fresh kale chopped ( or 3 cubes frozen spinach
- 500ml water
- handful of bay leaf parsley chopped
- handful of fresh basil chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Lets cook: –
- Add all the ingredients to a large pot; bring to the boil, then simmer for 30 minutes.
- Transfer the soup to a blender, and blend until smooth (alternatively, use a hand-held stick blender).
- Return to pot, and mix in any remaining stock to attain desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with sprinkling of sunflower and pumpkin seeds with some ground goji berries
For add protein, add cup of red lentils or pea protein powder with extra 200ml of water
Guest chef :Naked Vegan Runner