I have many people tell me that they don’t eat breakfast, mainly because they don’t have time. Normally, I call them on it but today, I won’t to help those out who have this same excuse. This recipe is actually made the night before, so you can just grab it and a spoon, and head out the door.
- 1 cup rolled oats or quick oats
- 1 ½ c unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ c chia seeds or flax seeds (or half and half if you are like me and has to have both)
- 1-2 tsps. of cinnamon (I use a tbsp. only because I am a cinnamon lover)
- 2 tbsp. of coconut sugar (or maple syrup if you have a sweet tooth)
Pour all ingredients in a mason jar and mix well. I chose a 30 oz. mason jar because I knew I would add a copious amount of toppings. Cover and let sit in the fridge overnight. In the morning you can add whatever toppings you like. I chose muesli, hazelnuts, frozen blueberries and organic maple syrup.
Make this recipe tonight for in the morning. Now you have no excuse to not eat breakfast. Literally, this recipe takes less than 5 min. to prepare. Happy meatless eating!
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.