Questions from a newbie naturist

Joining the clothes free community has been overwhelming, but in a good way. I’ve been welcomed with open arms and words of encouragement. With that being said, I have so many questions.

1. imageFor those of you who are single, how do you date living a clothes free life? How do you even bring that up in a conversation with someone you are interested in dating? What if they aren’t down with it? What if they want you to stop posting nude photos?
  2. If you live with your parents, and obviously this is for the younger crowd, how do you go about telling them you want to be clothes free outside of your room? For instance, living with parents, and even though she birthed me, my mother can weirded out when I walk around in a tank top and boy shorts.
  3. If you plan to have children – I don’t, but I’m interested to know – how will you raise them? At home they don’t wear clothes and at school they do? Will you live in a clothes free community? Will you homeschool them?
  4. For those who have been clothes free for a while, how did you go about being clothes free for the first time in public? Cruise? Resort? Meet up? What was the criteria of the setting that you would feel the most comfortable? I ask because I’m having a hard time finding communities that are not 90% older males.
  5. How do you explain to your friends that you live clothes free? How do you handle it when they look at you weird or don’t accept it?
  6. Is there anything else I should know before being clothes free in public? Any last words of advice, suggestions, things to be concerned about? Any safety tips?

Thanks in advance for those who respond!

About the author: moniquasexton
  1. Cabding 3 years ago

Hey girl! First off, welcome to the nudist community. You will love your new brothers and sisters. Let me help you out with some answers. The first one that applies to me would be

#3. I fully plan on living in a naked community at some point in my life. Or having enough land that we don’t have to worry about people sneaking in. I fully plan on letting them go nude from the get-go and they can be as dressed or naked as they want. I’d love it if they grew up to be little naked minions, but I’m not going to force them to do anything like that.

#4 I feel like you have to go through a few steps in your nudist career. First is being nude in your house on the reg, second is being naked outside (and not streaking), then doing it with others, and then visiting a legit resort or big event. The first time my wifey and I “went for it” was at a naked beach. We walked past a number of people in our swimmers until we got some distance from everyone else. Then we just went for it. I’m not going to lie and say it was diverse, but it was our outlet. We met another couple online that were visiting the same naked beach, and then we just made plans to meet. It was a bit awkward at first actually holding a conversation with someone else naked, but you get used to it. Then eventually we came across VitaNuda. Google them. They hold parties, pass out information about meets, and cater to a younger group. We spent new years eve naked with about 40-50 other young nudists. It was totally surreal and launched us into that lifestyle and never looked back. Florida Young Naturists also holds HUGE parties several times a year for the 18-35 crowd and attracts 200+ young nudists. From one young nudist to another, don’t be discouraged. We are out there, just hold up to your beliefs especially when it comes up in conversation with your friends. You’d be REALLY surprised how many people are willing to go with you. Sometimes people just need to know they have someone to go with.

#5 I kinda leaked into number 5 a little bit. BUT as long as you are serious with people, that you aren’t joking, you really like being naked, they lose steam. Tell them the truth, it’s not just old people, there are others, it’s not sexual, people don’t have boners, be honest.

#6 nudists love to party. they are also the most community oriented group I’ve come across in these modern times. Everyone wants to welcome you, be your friend, and protect you from people who have ill-will. I don’t have a family just because of the way life turned out, but these people are my family and are all amazing people.

2. jochanaan1 3 years ago

1. Would you really want to date someone who gets weird about nudity?

2. Don’t know. I came to nudism as an adult.

3. I am divorced with no children of my own, but I know a nudist couple with a 13-year-old daughter, raised nudist from birth. The girl navigates flawlessly between the nudist and “textile” worlds. She knows by instinct when to speak and when not to. So children learn. And it’s far better for them to grow up without body shame.

4. Since I myself am an “older male,” I am not sure how to advise you. Yet nudist venues tend to accept all and affirm you as a whole person–as long as they are truly nudist and not something else.

5. After twelve years as an active nudist, my friends mostly know and accept it with varying degrees of comfort. Or if they don’t, they don’t stay around as friends. Family–there’s a different story.

6. Within reason, when you do go to an event, it’s best to get out of your clothes right away. Otherwise you’ll wonder why you wasted time waiting. 🙂

3. mrich2029 avatar
    Matthew 3 years ago

1. Its best to be upfront about being a nudist, especially if you are a social nudist. This is something your partner has to come to terms with, even if they don’t want to participate themselves. Back before I got married, I told my then gf about it day one. Looking back on it now, she didn’t really comprehend what all being a nudist really is about, that yes, there are friends i’ve hung out with naked, and planned to continue to do so, with some of those friends being women, and no, that didn’t mean stuff was going on that wasn’t supposed to. These are just discussions that have to happen sooner rather than later. You shouldn’t have to change who you are, and if they love you, they won’t expect you to either.

2. I don’t have much input on this one; being that I am an introvert, I kept locked in my room, and never went out unless necessary, and I’d put on pj pants.

3. We don’t have kids yet, but this question is a source of disagreement between my wife and I; I personally want to raise the kids in an open environment where if they feel like they wanna be naked in the comfort of their own home, they can. Because home is where the naked is. My wife is slightly more conservative than I am in this respect, but I figure that since kids tend to be natural nudists anyway, she’ll give up that fight eventually. Everyone deserves the right to be naked at least in their own homes.

5. My friends know. Some have found out first hand, some from social media, the vast majority don’t see it as a negative thing. Most are like “yeah, that’s cool, just not around me”, but i have a few friends that let me be me.

4. mrich2029 avatar
    Matt 3 years ago

4. Never had a social nudity experience, but i have a couple friends that don’t care if I hang out around them naked.

5. My friends know. Some have found out first hand, some from social media, the vast majority don’t see it as a negative thing. Most are like “yeah, that’s cool, just not around me.”

6. I don’t really have much advice here, since i haven’t had the pleasure of social nudity outside the house 🙁

• moniquasexton avatar Author
      Moniqua 3 years ago

Thank you so much for your insight! This helps so much!

5. hontouniheart 3 years ago

Moniqua, you’re the best 🙂 I’m so glad you’re here and I also love the questions you posed. I’m eager to read some of the responses, as I wondered about some of those same ones myself!

Some of my thoughts on a few of them:

Question #4 re: going in public 1st time
    Last year, for all 4 adventures, I went with someone I knew and trusted. The first place was Hippie Hollow just around Austin, TX. That is a beach / park space, and it was so serene during the week day. I really liked that. 2 other places were private resorts. 1 clothing optional beach.

Question #5 How to explain to friends?
    Personally, I’m not a scream it from the rooftop kind of person with regards to anything in my life. I feel people out, sense when the time is right, and choose to share whatever it is that I want to share. I’ve been very deliberate and selective about who I tell, mainly because I want to be sincere and allow time for them to ask questions. Some have looked at me strange, truly. But, once I explain, “Yeah, it’s like I’m literally just sitting here like I normally do for work when reviewing financials, but just without clothes,” they usually go, “Oh. OK.” They might not agree with it, or want to do it, but they get that I’m not having s*x on a pile of Excel reports. They get that I’m just doing everyday stuff. But I truly take my time with each conversation. And I pick carefully. One person at a time, for me.

Question #6: Advice / Safety
    – If you do go to a place by yourself (and honestly, even if you don’t), no getting drunk or doing anything that impairs judgment. I went to a place last year and chatted with one lady, and she told me that she’d had a lot to drink one of the nights (some couple invited her over to their RV for dinner and gave her a lot of drinks), and then that couple started asking about things related to swinging. It was challenging for her to really gauge the situation, because she had impaired faculties at that point. Most folks are well-meaning and respectful, but to be honest, it’s kind of like any time we women go out. Just because we’re in a place that is naked and clothes free and supposedly safe doesn’t mean we stop thinking. In the same way that when I go out, even with a group of friends, I don’t drink and do stuff, because I know I have to get home safely via public transit, I keep that in mind when I go to places. Keep your wits about you.

– Keep a mental picture of the bouncers. When you visit places, they usually introduce themselves and give an orientation and lay of the land / tour. Which is FANTASTIC. So make sure you remember who they are in case you need anything. And let them know if you have any concerns, because they will keep a lookout for you. The bouncers are GREAT. Like, they are GREAT.

– Bring food that you like to eat. Even at resorts. A lot of places still do hot dogs and hamburgers. And since I know you do vegan, bring all your goods with you.

– Inch next to the women. When I was at Empire Haven last summer, I didn’t know any of the women when I first got there. But when I was in the pool, I put myself nearby so that I could connect with them. That gave me a sense of safety as well as a way “in” to their conversations. Once I looked over and smiled at them, they welcomed me in.

,.,, that’s all I have for now. I might think of more and share. Mostly excited to read others’ responses, especially to the rest of the questions.

• moniquasexton avatar Author
      Moniqua 3 years ago

Thank you so much for your suggestions and insight. Hippie Hollow is on my list most definitely.
      I don’t drink so that won’t be a problem. There really isn’t anyone who would be comfortable having a clothes free person around them that I know personally so I’ll be at it alone for these outings.
      As for friends, I think it’s best they don’t know unless I had my own place and I would tell them I refuse to put clothes on in my own place so come at your own risk.