This is such a fresh recipe, meaning that it only contains vegetables. It’s very filling and tastes amazing. Let’s get to it!
Mushroom Stuffed Collard Greens
- 1 tbsp. oil (your choice)
- 1 tbsp. vegan butter (I used Smart Balance with flaxseed oil)
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 c. low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 onion, grated or finely chopped
- 8 large collard greens leaves, stems removed
- 2 c. chopped mushrooms (your choice)
- 1/2 c. cooked rice or quinoa
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. dill seeds
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Heat oil and butter in skillet. Add tomatoes, veggie stock, and onion, all but 2 tbsp. Add salt and pepper. Once mixture is boiling, reduce heat and let simmer. Now prepare your greens and stuffing.
Blanch leaves for 1-2 min. in boiling water. Drain, rinse with cold water and pat dry.
Sauté mushrooms until soft. Mix mushrooms, rice/quinoa, paprika, dill seeds and lemon zest with remaining 2 tbsp. of onion. Add 3/4 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper. Divide mixture among the leaves. Fold bottom edge and sides then roll up the leaves.
Place the stuffed greens seam down in sauce. Cover and simmer on low for 30-45 min. Once done, you can pair it with any side you choose.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.