Christian ‘naturism’ advocate appointed Bishop of Sherborne The back cover of the 2000 pamphlet on Christian Naturism released by...
Tag Archive for: Christianity
I came across this article this evening to my surprise… Have look…. http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2015/apr/06/free-the-nipple-liberation-photos-breasts As I try to get towards...
“Nudity & Christianity,” his 596-page compendium of scripture citations and selectively-chosen observations by the likes of Pope John Paul II, C.S. Lewis and Kahlil Gibran, promotes a world view sacrilegious to some but perfectly natural to Cunningham.
Contrary to popular opinion, nude is not lewd, he insists.
“There's lot of references in the Bible to being naked. In the early church, all Christians were baptized naked — men, women and children. It wasn't an issue.
“My point is that the church, instead of changing the world, has let the world change it. It's accepted (Hustler publisher) Larry Flynt's definition of the body, instead of the Bible's. If the body is just lust bait, then modesty is making sure it's always covered.
Curator's note: this book is in the queue for clothes free readers book club review
Danish Christians living clothes free make the case for Christianity and Clothes free living
- Most people have prejudices that Christians are more modest and conservative with respect to the body than naturists generally. So it surprises people that one can be naturist and Christian. Most people think that Christians have a different attitude to sexuality, but it is rooted in the prejudice that naturists have a wild intercourse with sex, he explains.
He has met many people around the naturist who were also Christians, and think really that among Christians is probably a greater proportion nudists than among non-Christians.
It is remarkable how many Christian naturists I run into in. I could imagine that there are more Christian naturists because Christians increasingly think about their choices in life. In Denmark, one different from the vast majority of people when one is believing Christian. Therefore, we used to not be similar to most. It also means that you might be less bound by what the others are doing, and so it may be easier to come out as naturist, he explains.
Excerpt from Google English translation read more original n Danish
Biblical Nudity – Nakedness and The Bible Book Review Biblical Nudity – The book “Nakedness and the Bible” does not claim...
Coming off one of the two most important days on the Christian calendar I found this article on how...
Christian naturism from Wikipedia
Christian naturists are Christians found in most branches and denominations of Christianity who practice naturism or nudism. They find no conflict between the teachings of the Bible and living their lives and worshiping God without any clothing, believing that covering the body leads to its sexualization. Thus, the common notion that nudity and sexuality go hand-in-hand is seen as a worldly point of view. The Christian definition of the human body should be separate, distinct, and non-materialistic. If clothing truly controlled lust and immoral sexual activity, then these would not be occurring to any great extent.
- How naturism changed my life. (via Bare Thoughts)
- 5 Signs of a Nude Beach Creeper (via getnakedaustralia.com.au)
- Getting Naked In Times Square: The Party to Legalize Nudity (via Broke-Ass Stuart’s Website)
- Rev Kate Bottley reveals all on BBCa’s Naked Podcast (via RadioToday)
- Organic and all-natural â Man spotted gardening in nude at Ipswich allotment (via Ipswich Star)